The best home based business for a woman with children or family
What is the best home based business for a woman?
Women don’t have an easy life.
The presence of dependent children or relatives sharply reduces a woman’s ability to participation in full-time work. Mothers are only half as likely to be in full-time work as woman without dependents and woman with dependents are far more likely to resort to part-time rather than full-time working.
According to The Money Advice Service the average cost of full-time childcare in the UK is £222 a week and £116 for part-time care. No wonder many woman feel they receive little benefit from working as child care costs swallow up a high percentage of their income.
It is not just children who prevent woman contributing to the families’ income often a woman will become the main carer for an elderly or disabled relative. You can’t work if you have to be at the beck and call of a relative 24/7. It’s just a fact of life.
The cost of just getting to your place of work can be crippling. Not all woman drive. Often public transport is unavailable or inconvenient. Even if you can find work you simply cannot get there.
There are very few decent jobs that cater for a woman with a family so woman with dependents are increasingly marginalized into low-paid part-time employment.
The rise of the female entrepreneurs.
Aston University research as established that 5.5% of the UK female population currently run their own businesses. Women now account for a third (32%) of self-employed business owners in the UK.
When asked why they started their own business ventures the majority of the woman stated greater flexibility in their personal and family life and a desire to have greater freedom in their work/life balance as major factors. In short the ability to work when they wanted and how they wanted.
Many woman with dependent children or relatives chose to start a part or full time business from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
The advantages of running your own home based business.
There are many advantages to running your own home based business.
- A wide variety of business opportunities are available enabling you to select the most appropriate business for your personality, experience, financial resources, personal ambitions and goals. This will enable you to optimize your chances of success by matching a business opportunity to your personal strengths, interests and goals.
- Working from home reduces your travel costs. No more long miserable commutes to work. Jump out of bed, enjoy a leisurely breakfast and walk the few yards to your ‘office’. Perfect.
- The start up capital to fund most home based business is small. Typically, just a few hundred pounds. My grandfather saved for years to buy his first business. My home business cost me £260 to set up.
- The running costs of a home based business are negligible compared to running a conventional business.
- The perfect income opportunity for woman, the disabled, pensioners and those on low incomes.
- There is no limit to the amount of money you can generate from running one or more passive income businesses. If for instance you built up a decent buy-to-let portfolio you could place the day to day management of the business in the hands of a competent letting agency and go lie on a beach in the sun.
- It is a simple and effective way to increase your income. Enables you to increase your wealth after retiring and avoids the ‘poverty trap’ caused by insufficient investment earlier in life.
- Many businesses take only a few hours a week to run, some take only a few minutes a day. All are suitable for novices and full support is readily available from the organizers or suppliers of the system.
- There are a number of tax advantages to having your home and office under one roof. You can deduct a part of your home’s operating and depreciation expenses on your home as business expenses. This can be a percentage of your mortgage, property taxes, insurance, utilities, and/or the expenses of household maintenance.
- Flexibility. You can work as many or few hours as you wish – (perfect for stay at home mum’s or dad’s or for those supplementing a part-time income). Many people start off working just a few hours a week and build the business up over a few months or years. You can keep your full time income whilst you build up your business or simply supplement your current income.
- Freedom. You are your own boss and you are in control of your own destiny. When I was at business school my tutor said that every day many people commute long distances to work for a boss they despise and for a pittance of a wage and their greatest fear is being fired. Does that make sense?
The secret to building a profitable business is to continuously reinvest your profits back into the business. If you invest as little as £200 in a business venture all you need is a business that consistently returns a profit or Return On Investment (ROI) of 25.7% or more a month and in less than two years your business profits will be in excess of £48000 a year.
Compare that to the years you have to study at university to achieve a decent income. I should know I have two university degrees and attended Business School. Many home businesses achieve a ROI of over 25%. You just need to find the right one for you.
The downside of running a business from home.
There are a few disadvantages to running a business from home.
- There is a sense of isolation when working from home. It can be a lonely experience. You also need to be focused because there are many factors that can distract you in your home environment.
- The vast number and range of home business ventures means that selecting the most appropriate business for your aptitudes, experience, capital, personality and goals can be daunting.
- Unfortunately the More Money Review website estimates that around 71.8% of home business opportunities are either scams or simply do not offer a viable business opportunity. In short, they do not work. Worse still you cannot judge from the individual marketing material if the business opportunity is genuine or not. Good websites advertise rubbish products and sometimes poor websites advertise and market wonderful business opportunities.
It would take you hundreds of hours to search and evaluate decent, honest and effective business opportunities. The businesses that fit your criteria, your available finance, time, ability and interests. The businesses that will make you money and change your life. Fortunately you don’t have to!
How to select the right business for you.
I have spent hundreds of hours researched simple, lucrative, tested and proven home business opportunities suitable for woman just like yourself. These represent the very best of the best current home business opportunities identified by business opportunity websites available in the UK today. All of these business systems have been independently and extensively tested by experts in their chosen fields. Some were tested over a period of up to a year. All were found to be simple to run, represented very good value for money, were appropriate for people with little or no previous experience, most required only limited capital to set up and run and all were proven capable of generating a good return on your investment.
By weeding out and eliminating the ineffective, unprofitable, time-wasting and downright money grabbing systems and selecting only the very best, simple, profitable and effective home businesses we have eliminated your greatest obstacle to financial success.
I have also put together a simple 5 step plan to enable you to identify, cost and finance your life goals or retirement ambitions. All of your life goals or retirement dreams can be identified and achieved by using this simple 5 step system.
I have splits the business opportunities into eight different categories; Forex and Stock Market Trading, Betting Systems, The Property Market, Copywriting, Blogging and Publishing, Online Marketing and Trading, Selling on eBay and Amazon, Affiliate Marketing and Miscellaneous Business opportunities. Every business system is briefly described by business category, product name, were to buy, author and cost. A simple description of the business helps you to understand how the business is run and what you get for your money.
Finally, you are directed to a source of a comprehensive and independent review of the system – including comments and feedback from actual and potential users of the system. In this way you can easily, quickly and simply identify which business category and individual business opportunities are suitable for your budget, ambitions, personality, experience and time restraints. This will save you hundreds of hours of research, frustration, expense and heartache.
The Miscellaneous Business Opportunities section outlines four different ways to set up or sell your own services, six ways to make a substantial income from your home, garden, garage and even your motor vehicle, how to obtain freelance work, set up a franchise and details of hundreds of additional business opportunities and business start-ups.
All this information is available in a directory entitled ‘Unlimited Income–Home Business Directory’ available from Lulu.com (just click on ‘Shop’ and input the title of the book ‘Unlimited Income-Home Business Directory’ into the search box). The directory costs £13.56 plus p&p.
This publication provides you with hundreds of home business opportunities, ideas and suggestions. Even if you have never considered running your own business before or have little or no business experience you will find an opportunity that suits your needs in this directory and all for less than the price of a meal for three at McDonald’s.
Using the Directory you can quickly and easily establish the best home based business for your needs and circumstances.
Want to do your own research?
No problem. I recommend the following business opportunity websites:
- More Money Review is my preferred website. It as now been incorporated into bettingrant.co.uk.
If you are considering affiliate marketing, I fully endorse wealthyaffiliate.com. This is the site I subscribe to and I cannot rate it to highly.
Thinking of selling your own services try fiverr.com or freelancer.com.
Franchisedirect.co.uk is the best place to gain information on the vast range of franchise opportunities available. They host a franchise show every year, usually in February. You should also try completebusinessopportunities.co.uk.
For information on starting and building your business go to startups.co.uk.
I also highly recommend workingmums.co.uk/business-opportunities, plus the Women in Businesses Network at wibn.co.uk and smallbusiness.co.uk.
Need some inspiration? See “23 books for entrepreneurs, written by woman”, (care of Shopify). Log onto shopify.com/blog/211226825-18-entrepreneur-books-by-woman?
Running your own home based business can be fun and financially very rewarding. I hope this article as given you some useful information. There as never been a better time to take control of your own destiny. I will leave you with this last thought.
‘The best way to predict the future is to create it’.
May I wish you all you wish yourself.
Want to leave a comment?
Please scroll down.